View Single Post

February 28th, 2010, 19:11
Originally Posted by dagoo7 View Post
I don't get that how in the rpg community it is accepted and non-contradictory to argue that Bioshock 2 is utter crap and ME2 is the best thing that ever happened to rpgs ?
I find this hard to really address since I haven't played ME2, but I'll assume in RPG-level it's similar to Mass Effect 1. In which case: I don't think your comparison is correct. BioShock 1 and 2 are RPG-lite compared even to FPS/RPGs like Deus Ex or Vampire: Bloodlines. You could called Mass Effect a TPS/RPG or action RPG, but it has a lot more going for it on the RPG front than BioShock 2; varied choices with varied, in-game consequences, separate side- and main-quests, dialogue system, non-combat skills, stats having more of an influence on combat.

I think I get your point, as far as critiquing seeing ME2 as the "next evolution in RPGs" goes, obviously both BioShock 2 and ME2 share that they're simply less RPG than the RPG of old. Is that an evolution? I wouldn't say so. Is it where mainstream "RPGs" are going? Sure.

Brother None

SasqWatch