View Single Post

March 2nd, 2010, 23:55
Originally Posted by Santos View Post
Well, most gamers I know are now running some version of Win 7; isn't that DirectX 11 (seriously, I'm not sure that all version have it)?
What do you work at some business, where the office upgraded everyone? Iirc, Steam users (which I usually think of as a good average) are not anywhere near MOST, think it's about 30%. Though many gamers don't belong to Steam and on average if you want your game to SELL, you offer it to the most populated sectors. Not to mention, regardless whether it is affecting you or not, there is a worldwide recession currently with the possibility of WHOLE countries going bankrupt.

For example here in the US most economists conservative, moderate and liberal pretty much agree we only have a 50% chance escape a terrible crisis in the second half of the year. Whether you understand economics or not that's not a really good position to be in, actually it will affect the whole world.

I say it was money poorly spent, directx 11 is mostly effect based lighting which is not Larian's strong point, afaik from playing DD2. I do like the game very much, but it's clear they spend too much time concerned with graphics instead of stability, gameplay and Q&A.

Trust me, most of the names I have been called you can't translate in any language…they're not even real words as much as a succession of violent images.

Acleacius

SasqWatch