View Single Post

March 8th, 2010, 22:01
Good post, Guhndahb.

Originally Posted by Guhndahb View Post
They definitely abandoned RPG in favor of action for MP, but I think it was the right choice.
Agreed. It may not appeal to me, personally, but it was definitely the way to go.

The problem is the learning curve is steep. I played the MP beta for a couple days and it has to be one of the most frustrating experiences in all my years of gaming.
And agreed. I played enough to get better, but sadly "better" just means learning to do stupid nonsensical actions like jump-hitting cavalry or blindly strafing and circle-hitting in HtH combat. In fact, in some ways the experience became less frustrating but also less entertaining as I got better at it. Rince-and-repeating these twitch actions isn't my idea of fun. But again, I can see why others enjoy it.

Additionally, the players are, in general, really nice.
Nice and fun. The worst I've had were people obsessed with their kill-counts who would swear and blame broken mechanics or incompetent teammates whenever killed. Some clan called "22nd" is apparently full of them. But if that's the worst of it, that's awesome. Some funny crazy types too, it's cool when someone who is really good opts to run around as a half-naked barbarian to give other people a better shot at him (as a user called WEe does).

Brother None

SasqWatch