View Single Post

Default Obsidian Entertainment - Chapman on Difficulty

April 16th, 2010, 15:49
Originally Posted by Foss View Post
But isen't it possible for developers to do that even now. I mean, you could assume that Normal difficulty is what they have envisioned for their game. And if you want to play closest to the developers vision you would play on normal mode.
I don't see that the ability to increase or decrease the difficulty by individual players would have to hinder that.
Exactly what I'm saying.
Originally Posted by Tragos View Post
You say that the majority of players do not like to set difficulty levels themselves but play with predefined ones ? i just don't think so .
Have in mind that a large number of players are 15 year old CoD fans.
Originally Posted by DArtagnan View Post
No, that's not what I'm saying.

I'm saying I prefer games to be as close to the artistic vision of the developers as possible.
Yes, you said that, and then you said it's ok if Blizzard made a game specifically designed to appeal to mainstream (that is as far away from their own liking / "artistic vision"), which doesn't make sense to me.
I really don't think you understand, and it has nothing implicitly to do with challenge.

It has to do with "purity" for lack of a better word.
Tragos likes when a game lets you customize the difficulty on your own. Changing the difficulty level has nothing to do with challenge?

I feel like I could… like I could… TAKE ON THE WORLD!!!

Malk

The Tentacle