View Single Post

April 24th, 2010, 13:41
It's quite a bit of work planning your character. You need to learn about the enhancements, feats, gear etc. to have a solid plan for the build. If you don't do it then you end up with a mediocre character. So I've studied the cleric and paladin classes and know pretty well what to do there. I just didn't have the energy to learn the same about a completely new class.

My new paladin is very different from the old one. My old paladin is a tank type with focus upon maximizing the AC and be a secondary healer. So he has decent wisdom, but not a lot of strength. My new paladin is a two-weapon character who does a lot of damage, but can't cast spells yet. He needs good wisdom gear to get to wis 14 so he can cast level 4 spells. That will happen maybe at level 10-12. The good thing about this is that I now have 2 paladins I can choose from. If we need a damage dealer then I select my new paladin. If we need a tank who can hold the monsters while the spellcasters, archers and fighters kill them then my first paladin is great. I don't see many cleric builds so I think having one cleric is best. I can make a battle cleric, but then I prefer a paladin. So I'm playing a healing bot. I think a healing cleric is the most popular character type to invite to groups. Many people won't play one, but they love to be with one.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg