View Single Post

April 28th, 2010, 15:19
No, there's a patch after that (3.30). The one that makes the PS3 "3D ready" or something.
In my case, I don't have DA but it did affect my Gamefly copy of Final Fantasy XIII. One day I'm playing it just fine (did I mention it's gorgeous?), I turn it off and go to sleep. Next day I turn the PS3 on and it says I need an update. After a few minutes and the restart with the new upgrade, I start FF 13, load my last saved game and… it got stuck on loading. Tried several times and same thing.
I checked the PS3 forums and many people are reporting problems, and the running theory is that Sony increased the rotation speed or something for the Bluray drive via firmware update so things are 'faster', but I guess it made it more picky as to what discs it could read. I noticed a very small chip on the edge of the disc when I ejected it, so my guess it that before the update the drive read past it but after the update it wouldn't.
Luckily it's Gamefly, so I just reported it scratched and 2 days later I got a new copy that I'm playing fine now.

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is