View Single Post

May 11th, 2010, 20:16
Unfortunately Dark Savant,

I had to abandoned the project because of several reasons:

1) Using an hex editor is really a pain since you have to arrange every dialog according to the original text character number, accidentally writing over only one byte of code means the file is completely useless. You have to be extremely careful.
2) Using three different online translators to translate the text then shaping into an understandable form was also very difficult.
3) After translating a fair bit of the game, I finally understood why this game had never been an english version. This game suffers badly from terribly writen dialogs. It didn't stem from the Russian to Spanish translation, its' original Russian texts are also so poorly written. The game looks good but that's all. There is nothing good about the game that deserves all this effort.

Now I'm translating Dragon Age Origins to my native language (Turkish) with a team of 12 people and we are in the final phases of the project. I also have a solo project to translate Drakensang to Turkish. I'm using dialog editors for both of them so there is no Hex editor pain anymore.

I'm really sorry.

Gokyabgu

Keeper of the Watch