View Single Post

May 26th, 2010, 09:29
Originally Posted by Dhruin View Post
I thought the exploration was terrible, because I found no interesting content anywhere. Awful quests, terrible writing. Can you give me an example of something you discovered that was worthwhile? I really tried - I discovered nice scenery but no interesting characters or scenarios.
I must admit I never found any specific loot while exploring (the majority of loot was scaled), but I certainly found remote settlements and what not (offering unique quests and so on). The rebel headquarter comes to mind - I stumbled upon it while exploring the forest region.

TW main quest (actually, all the quests I saw) reached new heights of awfulness - worse than Oblivion, which at least had less embarrassing writing and characterisation. But the main quest is such a small part, so why care about that compared to side quests? While they were linear quest lines, the Brotherhood and Grey Fox storylines in OB were excellent and the game was worth it for those two bits alone. What compares in TW?
The questline between the rebels and.. that other faction I can't recall the name of in the north. Not only do you have to pick sides, you get to explore camps such as the rebel headquarter, normally not available. Truth be told, the Brotherhood is a very good questline, but it's an exception, not the rule. Also, it's completely linear - could've used some choices, such as betraying/arresting the Brotherhood if you're a good guy.

"Interesting" on paper, I agree. In practice, unbalanced, lacking weight, too clicky, even worse animations than OB.
I simply don't agree, the animations in Oblivion look downright silly in 3rd person, mostly because of the way the character "slides" around. How good "combat animations" look in 1st person is irrelevant - it's just a weapon stabbing, I don't see how that can be done poorly. Is 1st person even possible in TW? I honestly can't remember, as I don't use 1st person unless I have to (i.e Might & Magic).

Also, calling any combat system "unbalanced" compared to Oblivion is a joke - Oblivion is one of very few games in the world where you get punished for having combat skills as your major skills. You'll do far better if you put some useless rubbish as main skills, so you can level up the combat skills without gaining levels. The more combat skills you gain as major skills, the weaker your character gets compared to the world around him/her.

G3 I loved - in spite of the problems - and I think is well ahead of TW.
No doubt.

Maylander

SasqWatch

Send a message via MSN to Maylander