View Single Post

June 4th, 2010, 01:54
I just want to get this out of my system: But I think that AP really isn't nearly as unpolished as people claim.

It is all a matter of perception, people see that the game is made by Obsidian, and unfairly assume that the game will be buggy. So any "bug" in the game gets magnified.

For example:
1) Complaints about mini game…. The same "floaty" control problem existed in ME2, and made me hate locks in Oblivion. Yet, people doesn't seem to care too much in those games…

2) Texture pop ins… BL, ME2, all UE3 engine based games has this problem. AP certainly is NOT the worst offender, but people seem to claim that it is…

3) Consolized control. Yeah it sucks, but it is much worse in games like BL (and I love BL). And I prefer consolized UI over "streamlined" gameplay elements any day. (Damn the inventory system of ME2…)

4) "Crappy animation, graphics." Really? The facial and bodily animations of NPCs in conversations are superbly done in AP. The jerkiness, floatiness can be seen in most modern 3D RPGs. People seem to not mind when it appears in FO3 though…

There are problems with AP, sure. But definitely not as bad as people perceive them to be.

Avoid the Crazy Chicken. It is childish. Don't do it. We beg you.

leth

Watchdog