View Single Post

June 9th, 2010, 12:49
Info about DDO update 5:

Turn undead was pretty useless in DDO, but with update 5 it will become better.
1. Turned undead will not flee as now, but remain stationary. That makes it easier to kill them.

2. Clerics will get 2 new enhancements.

•Cleric Radiant Servant I

Prereqs: Level 6 Cleric, Cleric Improved Turning I, Cleric Life Magic II, Cleric Heal II, Empower Healing, and any one of: Cleric Divine Cleansing I, Cleric Divine Light I, Cleric Divine Healing I, Cleric Divine Vitality I, or Cleric Divine Might I.

Benefit: You are a beacon of light against evil. You count as 1 Level higher when casting Positive Energy or Light based spells and gain the ability to expend a Turn attempt to create an aura of Positive Energy that Heals you and nearby allies over time and damages nearby undead. Any undead that you successfully turn with your Turn ability are destroyed instead of frightened, and your turns regenerate over time (1 every 2 minutes).

Positive Energy Aura
Benefit: You may expend a use of Turn to produce a Positive Energy Aura effect on yourself, which envelops the caster in an aura of Healing, Positive Energy. Allies within the aura are Healed 1 hit point per 3 caster levels as long as they remain within it. Undead enemies are damaged for the same amount.

•Cleric Radiant Servant II

Prereqs: Level 12 Cleric, Cleric Radiant Servant I, Cleric Prayer of Life I, Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I, and any one of: Silver Flame Exorcism, Unyielding Sovereignty, Undying Call, Bladesworn Transformation, Vulkoor’s Avatar, or Cleric Charisma II.

Benefit: You are a beacon of Light against Evil. The Empowered Healing metamagic now grants you a 75% bonus to Healing spells instead of 50%. You count as an additional 1 Level higher when casting Positive Energy or Light based spells, and gain the ability to expend a Turn attempt to create a burst of Positive Energy that Heals you and nearby allies, removes some negative levels and ability damage, and damages nearby undead. Spells that cap out above 20 (like the Mass Cures) will go up to Caster Level 22 with Radiant Servant II.

Positive Energy Burst
Benefit: Positive Energy expands from the caster, Healing 1d8+ 1 per caster Level to all nearby allies, as well as removing 1d4 negative levels and 1d6 points of ability damage. Undead are instead damaged by the energy, taking 1d8 points of damage per caster level. A successful Will save reduces the damage by half.

Paladin of Tyr

Peter Stauffenberg

Keeper of the Watch

Send a message via ICQ to Peter Stauffenberg Send a message via Skype™ to Peter Stauffenberg