View Single Post

July 3rd, 2010, 23:22
I just played through the Witcher for the first time recently. Basically bought it when it came out and decided I really didn't like the overhead control scheme and set it aside. Anyway picked it up again and updated to latest patch and really enjoyed it in 3rd person mode. Definitely found a place in my top 10 favorite RPGs.

I thought graphics held up extremely well and the animations were really well done. The only level I really had an issue with was the final one as it just felt out of place with everything else but even that made limited sense in the story context. I think they did a phenomenal job with the aurora engine and not sure they really needed to write their own for the sequel but I'll leave it to them if they think it was worth the effort. I'm sure it will look nice but I'd rather have more quests and story than nicer graphics as they were already quite nice.

Regarding load times, I did not have an issue with them but streaming loads would be ok if truly seamless and does not slow down normal loading or frequently stutter at boundaries like MW did for me. I didn't have problems with timing combos but can see why they have decided to revamp that part of the engine. We shall see how the new one works.

figment

Sentinel
RPGWatch Donor