View Single Post

July 6th, 2010, 02:39
this is one amazing interview. I've never seen so much depth from a developer before about the trials and pitfalls of development.

One commentator on that thread complains about Feargus issues with pleasing console publishers and even buyers with his comments on isometric, but sorry pal, what can you do?

The info on the Icewind Dale was a public confirmation to an open secret and its disappointing. Its clearly too late to use those assets but the interviewer gives some hopeful suggestions using the OGL license (which Lucasarts got away with we find out with KotOR) which Feargus likes. He also thinks he could do more infinity engine stuff, and y'know, with some of the casual stuff spewed out on the Wii I can't see that it would be a bad idea. The costs would certainly be low and they could crank a lot of content out.

Finally on Wheel of Time, I hope Feargus realizes that Red Eagle may want to publish but since they are stiffing their comic artist on royalties they don't have any money. It tells you something when one of Robert Jordan's last statements to the public involved telling the public that Red Eagle has lost their rights.

Developer of The Wizard's Grave Android game. Discussion Thread:
http://www.rpgwatch.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22520

Lucky Day

Daywatch