Ultima IV - Fan Made Flash Version Released
View Single Post
July 9th, 2010, 05:10
It's definitely not using the normal game's stats. I played through this for about 15 hours over the last few days and the combat is seriously in the monster's favor. I read through the patch notes and the guy has increased the difficulty in combat. It makes the game very frustrating. I'd suggest skipping this until he tweaks it back. I just started playing on an emulator and the combat is MUCH easier.
Version 1.0.08 (Mon. May 24, 2010)
- Monsters now appear on dungeon peer at gem/view spell displays.
- Improved monster move algorithm for dungeons.
- Magic Axes have an animation that shows them returning to their user.
- Ladder buffer overflow problem (climbing a ladder in LBC and holding down a movement key) is now fixed.
- Monster's no longer dissappear when crossing over the edges of the world map.
- Monsters will now follow a player's ship over the edges of the world map.
- Talk Help text is now triggered with -1, and Spell Summary with -2. (fixes an incompatibility with IE Browsers)
- Players can now shoot over sleeping party members.
- Players can now shoot through all ship walls. (Previously the 'angled' walls blocked player's shots)
- Dungeon monsters will now chase players through dungeon halls.
- Resurrect can no longer be cast during combat.
- Fixed some problems on the start up menu when you are creating your character and then pressing the mouse button.
- Monsters are now much tougher.
The guy missed the point of the game. It's not about the combat. It's about becoming virtuous and being an example.
Took an arrow to the knee
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: St. Louis, Mo USA
View Public Profile
Send a private message to crpgnut
Find More Posts by crpgnut