View Single Post

July 13th, 2010, 10:47
Originally Posted by akl View Post
I have other strange problem, cannot even use this gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev1.exe patch because the "Installieren" button is always inactive even when I choose/type in some directory to the field above. Patch gothic2_fix-1.30.0.0.exe works OK, ie. I can run installation but G2 does not work properly with it. I have Win 7 g64bitů
I recall having this problem with the gothic2_fix-2.6.0.0-rev1 as well. It worked for me once, then on a second reinstall (one of many, before I got G2 to work) it didn't and was just like with you, with the "Installieren" button inactive. I've got no idea why it was like this, as nothing really changed between the installs, but that's how it went, i.e. it seemed like a random glitch. However, as I've written above, I didn't actually need that fix to get G2 running on Win7 (32-bit). I just installed the GothicStarter 2.6a (see my previous post) and G2 NOTR launches and works like a charm.

Then again, I'm not sure that's the answer you're looking for. What do you mean by "not working properly"? Doesn't launch at all? Doesn't run too well (poor performance, graphical glitches, sound problems)? Something else?

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23