View Single Post

July 19th, 2010, 21:38
One thing to consider is that the environment must support the largest party size. For example, even with Drakensang's small party, my characters were getting hung up in the environment because of the smallish places they would get stuck in when a game was loaded, not to mention the awkwardness of combat in close quarters.
Yeah, I've been giving this a lot of thought…. but imagine you walk in a small corridor… you're going to have to think differently and your archer is not going to be much use….. I don't see it as much of a problem, at least not in a turn-based game….. where characters won't go nuts and run into and hit each other like crazy

One thing to consider is that the environment must support the largest party size. For example, even with Drakensang's small party, my characters were getting hung up in the environment because of the smallish places they would get stuck in when a game was loaded, not to mention the awkwardness of combat in close quarters.
The use of Factions could create replayability; i.e. if you ally yourself with the Dark Elves to get Necromancers you won't get Forest Elf Druids or something like that.
Yes, exactly…… acctually you'll not be able to create characters of all races in the beginning…. there are some races which are more powerful than others.. but you have to ally with them to get access to that kind of characters.

GothicGothicness

SasqWatch