View Single Post

July 19th, 2010, 22:53
Actually, I kind of hate factions, if they limit the character's choices too much, but … well, I'm not the developer.

Factions … that is to me like "you must play this role, after you've made your choice, and we kind of artificially limit your exploring and choice possibilities by this."

I hate it when I'm not allow to talk & trade with others once I'm forced to stick with one faction. And that I'm forced to play out the same hatred the faction traditionally has against another faction - against my own will.

It isn't easy to explain what I mean, and I must say that this is also mostly an emotional thing to me.

And also - it is a different thing if I play "myself", so to say, as the role, which means I'm more or less following my own beliefs and ethics, or if I play a role, which might not comply to what I *personally* believe in.

I don't know if anyone understands my gibberish …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR