View Single Post

July 26th, 2010, 06:35
Originally Posted by SirDeity View Post
I want to be able to explore as much of the game content as possible and I think the best way to do that is to be able to use magic. Can someone explain the difference between Warrior of the Order and Mage? I understand Mage focuses more on magic whereas Warrior of the Order uses a combination of melee and magic but what are the associated restrictions involved? I want to be able to continue training my sword combat, strength, and have the option of hunting with my bow or crossbow when the mood strikes me as well as magic. Sometimes I feel like fighting with different things. The way I see it, I just want my character to be as versatile and as powerful as possible so that I'll have the ability to impose my influence for whatever I decide is right. .

Just a warning: it's not possible to be a "jack of all trades" in Risen. There's a level cap, and you don't get nearly enough learning points to be strong in both magic and melee. If you've already put more than 1 level into sword combat then I suggest you join The Order as a warrior, or else join with the Don.

None of the choices restrict where you can explore.

JDR13

SasqWatch