View Single Post

August 5th, 2010, 14:01
Originally Posted by Charles-cgr View Post
Hey, sorry for replying late - I just hopped off a train.

@gorath: I may be mistaken (not being a lawyer, let alone a good one) but not being in the electronics field I shouldn't have an issue with the name.
Risky. They could still try, and the difference between "entertainment product - hardware" and "entertainment product - software" is not really something I would expect a court to understand.
Given you are a 1 person company (the second you take money you are a company!) it's possible you are liable with your whole private property. At least in Germany it would be that way, and France is also EU, so maybe there's some EU standard in place.

Your game is finished (apart from patching). So maybe now would be a good time to get all the business stuff sorted. If CL sues you for 500k in damages it will be too late.

Just friendly hints, of course it's totally up to you what you'll do.
I've always had two home buttons & put off figuring out why with all the dev lately.

Thanks for commenting!
Well, there is something to be said for blatantly ripping off the most successful practices of your fellow indie devs. So why not analyze the web sites of Positech, Jeff Vogel etc. to find out how they're doing it.

Gorath

Prime Evil
RPGWatch Team