Thread: Today is …
View Single Post

August 8th, 2010, 12:56
Yepp. But it gets weirder. The album following Drama was "90125", with Trevor Rabin on guitar and and previous keyboardist Tony Kay handling tangets. This lineup also released "Big Generator". After that vocalist Jon Anderson left, and then came along "Anderson, Wakeman, Bruford and Howe", all former Yes members, who didn't have the right to the name. But in reality there were now two "Yes" bands, who both struggled a bit recording their next albums. So what do we do? Bring them all together, join their recording projects and release "Union"! This couldn't last very long and it didn't last very long.

After that, there have been several LOTS of personnel changes (someone suggested searching the Thames for bodies), with especially Rick Wakeman joining and leaving the band like a yo-yo, and healthy dose of nepotism in the form of Oliver, son of Rick on keyboards. I stopped following them after "Union", but I noticed that last autumn there was a Yes gig in Oslo, in a 2000-seat concert hall. Quite a setback for a stadium rock band.

That lineup (which doesn't include Jon Anderson) is supposed to record a new album this autumn. I don't know what to say… perhaps it's time to call it a day now.

pibbur