View Single Post

September 8th, 2010, 18:04
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Finally, after so many years, I bought Paraworld. My first RTS game in … okay, the used Battle Of Middleearth I or II doesn't count … in about 5 years minimum. I just don't like RTS anymore, because it's all the same to me now : Build something up, try to hinder the enemy of ruining your own thing … - and then destroy the enemy - with the assumption that every player quickly forgets about his/her own units, whih are replacable.

Paraworld is indeed very innovative in its core - but the game lacks a tiny bit of polish, imho. Great idea, but a flawed gem in the end.

I wonder how much I'll be able to stand it all - since RTS looks so much repetive to me nowadays. But the world is kind of unique and would be a great material to work with, from a developers' point of view. An adventure game for example would be great as well.

But this will most likely nver be. Both the developers and the publishers went into insolvency, and meanwhile the dev studio of SEK totally vanished, Sunflowers is said to have gone into Ubi Soft.

Sad. How ideas vanish …
Since you are talking about missing polish: Did you install the booster pack, which includes an official patch and community fixes? I used it and didn't experience an "unpolishedness" in the game.

There is still a active very active community in that forum, by the way. They are still producing new mods and content.

Edit: I am playing Summoner (for PC) right now and I am surprised how well it has aged!

bkrueger

Nothing to see here.