View Single Post

September 16th, 2010, 12:04
Originally Posted by Crilloan View Post
Is the bug you mention fixed in latest patch or do I still need to be careful?
I finished it with the most recent edition and got the bug. Took me 3-4 hours to find out how to fix it.

I will try to explain with as few spoilers as possible. Considering the nastiness of the bug, getting slightly spoiled might be worth it to avoid the hassle.

Just like Origins, Awakenings have a non-linear middle part that lead you to around 3 new locations. These locations can be done in any order (compare with the four in Origins, Orzammar, Tower of Magi, Redcliffe and the Brecilian Forest). One of these is the "Wending Woods". After some exploring you get the chance to go into the Silverite Mines in that location.

Like JDR13 told you, save in a new saveslot before entering those mines. "Take off all your gear before entering" seems to be the common tip given.

The bug is related to your inventory. When entering the game memorizes your equipped inventory which is then temporarily removed. If you use some special items the script controlling the opportunity to get them back doesn't work as intended. The result is that you loose your entire inventory with your main character.

Precisely what items is debated on the forums. Some possible ones are the DLC bonus items, character restricted items, Specialization restricted items (like "templar") or being the class Arcane warrior.

There are three ways to go if you are caught by the bug;
1. Accept and move on
2. Reload, unequip everything, especially bonus items, before entering. I do not know if you have to store them in your personal chest as well. You might actually have to enter the mines completely naked.
3. Use the toolset and manually copy the items from where they are stored, back into your inventory

I had to take the third route.

Mankind must put an end to war or war will put an end to mankind. - John F Kennedy
An eye for an eye, and soon the whole world is blind. - Mahatma Gandhi
The world is my country. To do good is my religion. My mind is my own church. This simple creed is all we need to enjoy peace on earth. - Thomas Paine
Last edited by JemyM; September 16th, 2010 at 12:30.

JemyM

Okay, now roll sanity.

Send a message via ICQ to JemyM Send a message via MSN to JemyM