View Single Post

September 24th, 2010, 13:18
I did the Danish , err, Dalish Elves.

They appear a bit like Gypsies to me, with some north-american Natives intervoven … Just imagine NA Natives would be expelled like the Dalish Elves in DA, then you'll have it, I think. And - in reality, they actually *were* expelled to some extend. "Only a dead Indian is a good one" - the full cliché of "white" racists not even knowing that the Natives had different cultures and names each.

The whole culture is rather grim - or rather : the world. The Grey Wardens ace a little bit like a mixture of scientists/policemen to whom the people listen, because thy are the only available spearhead of civilization. Without them, everything would go down.

The … "enemies" … they remind me a little bit of the … Morlocs, or what were their names ? Of the old time-travelling story … Uh, my bad name memory …
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morlock

At one point I thought : What, if in a Sci-Fi enviroment, these … "enemies" were machines ? Robots, sort of ?

And humanity has got to fight them ? Or they'll go "the borg way" ?

“ Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage – to move in the opposite direction.“ (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR