View Single Post

September 29th, 2010, 13:31
Originally Posted by IbramSkyheart View Post
Actually, I felt the October release schedule was pretty well organised; if TWII kept its October 5th release, it'd have been:

October 5th - Two Worlds II
October 12th - Arcania
October 22nd - Fallout: New Vegas
October 29th - Fable 3

That's (more or less) one a week. Granted, I don't really pay attention to many release dates in other genres, but off the top of my head I can't think of anything which is released in the same week as TWII (even if it was, it'd probably be the Friday, whereas TWII was going to be Tuesday; it'd be released before other major titles). To cut a long story short (too late) I don't really see the logic behind the so-called "packed" release schedule. Maybe I'm missing something?
If it takes only one week to finish a game, than indeed it is not 'packed'. But if you're like me, RPGs mostly take me a month to finish. And I don't get games because they come out first in the month if two weeks later a game comes out I like more. If one wanted to play all four, it would take four months to finish them. If they are all released in the same month, it is likely that 4 months down the line prices will have dropped. Publishers really want their games to sell supremely in pre-order or month of release since prices will be at the highest at that time.

JuliusMagnus

Indulgent Wastrel