View Single Post

October 1st, 2010, 09:29
Originally Posted by northreign View Post
Its doesn't matter where the source draws from but imo its a bad choice. Its like living life looking through colored glasses - you just don't know what your missing.

Those colors are meant for ads. You don't just go coloring your food black and gold just because a bag looked cool with those colors. Now that's weird. Then again you might be weird that way
It depends on what they're trying to convey.

It seems they're going for a very visual experience, and they're creating a mood and a setting - much like Blade Runner.

Now, I'm a big fan of Ridley Scott's visual aesthetic in films - and I think he's one of the best in the world at creating a strong atmosphere.

A game like Deus Ex - would be perfect for this, and if it's done right - I'll love immersing myself in such a world.

Naturally, gameplay is key - and it won't do anything if the game itself sucks. But, much like music, it can truly enhance the experience - as long as it's consistent and based on a strong vision. If they just slap it on to be "hip", that's another story. But something about the interviews I've read with them, tells me they really DO care about Deus Ex - and I think they're going to do a very good job.

Certainly better than Invisible War

DArtagnan

Waste of potential