View Single Post

October 4th, 2010, 12:26
Be careful with liberating towns. If you liberate too many then you'll be on the orcs most wanted list (I believe it's three towns….I could be wrong. Can't remember how many it was before the orcs said ENOUGH!!!! Plus, I think if the rebel attitude towards you reaches 50 then the orc bosses will want to kill you on sight. Again, not sure about that one either)

But, to answer your question it's a free roaming rpg. You can go wherever you want and do whatever you want. The key with Gothic is that you had better be ready for some areas because there is no level scaling. For instance if you go down into the caves at Cape Dun you'll find a particularly difficult beastie. The game doesn't prohibit you from going there, but the beastie might just knock the living daylights out of you.

When you go to a new town you'll have different quests given to you. Some for the rebels and some for the orcs. You choose which to do. I did both as long as the orc quest weren't to destroy some rebel base or conflicted with a rebel quest. Tons of XP to be had if you keep doing quests for both sides.

Remember one of the main objectives is to find Xardas and that is why you're traveling around to different towns/rebel camps.

Despite all my rage.
I'm still just a rat in a cage.

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat