View Single Post

October 19th, 2010, 12:00
Originally Posted by Couchpotato View Post
Yes my problem with Oblivion is the technology, or the combat system itself.Including the weak quest system.Every Bethesda game suffers from these problems.Fallout 3 was easy to install the mods required to make it better.Bethesda even mentioned it was there own fault because the engine they used to make the game and because of poor technical skills.They know how to make graphics look good but not much else. Hence why I said I would love to try the mod, but don't because I will not install or try to play Oblivion.Im looking forward to fallout nv though because of obsidian they know how to make rpgs and implement quests quests better then Bethesda.
OK then, the combat feels the same, and the art is unchanged (and indeed performance is poorer due to many more objects and scripts in the world).
The quests and story are very different in Nehrim though. Generally linear, but very involved and spiced up by smart scripting and really well designed locations. Well, I won't try to convince you any further.

GhanBuriGhan

Wose extraordinaire