View Single Post

November 4th, 2010, 17:52
Originally Posted by skavenhorde View Post
True and the parts that we're voiced were pretty good. Loved David Warner as Jon Irenicus, Quayle and of course Minsc. Minsc is always controversial, but I loved that character. Maybe had something to do with his obsession with rodents

Although Edwin, Dynaheir and even Imoen were annoying. Though I wasn't annoyed as most people with Imoen. Don't know whether it was the voice actor or the lines, but they we're definitely on my least favorite list. I cringed every time they had something to say
Originally Posted by Alrik Fassbauer View Post
Yes, okay, the "exploration factor" is there, too.
But that's imho no thing special to Baldur's Gate.
I seem to be one of the few people that absolutely loved the exploration in BG. I know they got panned for the open world in some reviews, but I loved that I could just go pretty much anywhere from the beginning. Reminded me of the old Ultimas. That's probably the only thing I didn't like about BG2 is that they switched to that system where areas only open up after certain things occur.

I'll admit it, I had a crush on Imoen. Hell, I replaced her BG2 portrait with the BG1 portrait because I prefered the cute excited Imoen over the dark one! I was mildly disturbed though to find out she was my character's half-sister. Of course, if it didn't bother Luke Skywalker, why should it bother me?

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist