View Single Post

November 26th, 2010, 01:21
Originally Posted by Gokyabgu View Post
I have played and finished Divinity 2 six months ago. Good game but not great as Divine Divinity. Two weeks ago I bought the expansion from Larian Vault and I'm going to play it after finishing Gothic 4.

I remembered that Divinity 2 did not receive favourable reviews from mainstream media. What I don't understand is what was changed, it's the same game with an expansion and few minor tweaks. I really don't understand.
Well, it's the same game with the expansion, a serious overhaul to the graphics, gameplay tweaks and rebalancing.

I think the whole idea of the Dragon Knight Saga came into being when Larian was struggling with putting the expansion on the Xbox. The expansion was simply too big to release as DLC over Xbox Live, but they didn't want to leave Xbox users out in the cold. So they thought about releasing it as a retail version. But the game sold pretty badly over in the States for the Xbox, so the retail expansion would barely sell there. Eventually they came up with the idea of a nicely overhauled package that might perhaps re-introduce the game in places where it didn't sell all that well.

The decision was made to turn it into a PC version as well, because they changes Larian eventually made to the core came where to big to include with the expansion pack. Save games would simply be incompatible! So they released DKS alongside the "regular" expansion. DKS contains more tweaks to the original game than the expansion.

That's basically the long and short of it. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

TheGameSquid

Watchdog