View Single Post

November 28th, 2010, 20:01
this may work out good - I give you dual-wield advice for archer advice ='.'=

Make a companion your dedicated pharmacist, and once you know where to get the elfroot youre pretty much set. Check out this page. When you get the Dalish merchant/camp merchant routine down, you'll be swimming in potions.

I know that I maxed traps and poisons out on my rogue. It's worth noting that while more levels in poison will allow you to make a more varied arsenal of poisons and grenades, only one level is needed to actually use all of them. Toward the end, I gave Al a level of poison and would hook him up w/ some deathroot extract for the tougher battles. I'm not sure about the traps thing, I never had any need for anyone other than my rogue to sneak ahead and use them.

Also - really all that you need is deathroot extract and concentrated deathroot extract. Crow poison is cool too, but youll get that much later. 99.9% of the time I was just using deathroot. It's cheap, it has a chance to stun - it's theoretically all that you need. Hindsight being what it is, I'd have no problem dropping the coin on just the deathroot and crow recipes (and a few grenades), and leave the rest behind. Maybe I missed out on all the mana and stamina-draining and other such nonsense, maybe my game could have been better, maybe I didnt explore it to the fullest…. whatevr. I just know what worked, and deathroot/crow seemed to work for me. My enemies died horribly.

No, I never asked Sandal about the darkspawn. I'll make a note of that for next time!

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom