View Single Post

November 29th, 2010, 16:11
HP7
Took the Wild Dogs to this one. Have enjoyed the series, so I had high hopes for this edition. Have to admit I was disappointed. Even knowing that this one was primarily a "setup" of stuff that will resolve in the final movie next summer, there just didn't seem to be much going on in this movie. Lots of running around in the woods that just didn't convey much- no tension to speak of, no overwhelming sense of "alone-ness", no deep thoughts, very little plot advancement.

And the brief makeout scene was just creepy. Sure, the characters are getting older now, but we kinda made a big jump from holding hands and awkward kisses to naked makeout. I've got no problem with gratuitous nudity (or, in this case strongly implied nudity in dream setting), but it just seemed tremendously out of place in this film. Very jarring.

Seemed like there were quite a few plot holes as well, but I'm willing to wait until the final film gets a chance to resolve them before complaining too much.

Sorry. No pearls of wisdom in this oyster.
Dallas Cowboys: *sigh* / / Detroit Red Wings: Took injuries to see them, but how about them youngsters!

dteowner

Shoegazer