View Single Post

December 17th, 2010, 08:25
If they truly are spending extra time to fix bugs and ensure that Deus Ex is a very stable game upon release, then I applaud them for doing so. There have been far too many games released before they were ready that were great games but needed more work. Subsequently, some of these games ultimately failed as bad press and word of mouth spread (Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines is always the most depressing dead franchise that comes to mind as a result of this). I don't want to see the same scenario cause the failure of Deus Ex - a series that I thought would never be resurrected. Even if the release day bug levels are comparable to FO:New Vegas, as in playable but fairly annoying at times due to numerous bug issues, I'd rather have the developers put forth the necessary time and effort to make the game as stable as possible while they have the luxury of doing so - even if the delay is more of a monetary decision by the publishers rather than a quality decision, the devs should take advantage of the extra time.

Nerevarine

Keeper of the Watch