View Single Post
December 22nd, 2010, 02:04
Originally Posted by
Topic's been beaten to death.
Hereīs some more beating though
Unofficial Morrowind Patch
Best face replacers are
. Better Heads is the most lore friendly, Visages is pluginless and the faces look generally a bit better, but few characters get somewhat modern haircuts (no anime hairs fortunately). Look
- great boost in atmosphere and best of its kind imo, needs a bit of ini tweaking for the best result
- most elegant solution of the magic plastic wrap effect issue
Ok, thatīs it for visual mods.
Wakimīs Game Improvements - Modular
- rebalances almost everything in a sensible manner, note that if you install the Factions component, advancement in guilds will be more difficult (thatīs imo a very good thing as it enforces specialization)
Linoraīs Leveling Mod
- there are other, more complex mods addressing leveling, but personally Iīve found this sufficient and itīs hassle-free, itīs only effect is you donīt have to hunt for attribute multipliers anymore
- lets you pick plants by activating them instead of opening them like containers
LGNPC (Less Generic NPCs)
- as its name says, makes dialogue of a lot of NPCs less generic, plus it adds some quests, should make playing for House Redoran more interesting, mostly fits with the game well
Starfire NPC Additions
- adds NPCs in settlements and wilderness, by far the best mod of this kind, lightweight, lore friendly and bug-free, makes places feel much more lively
- a little mod that very effectively enhances atmosphere in tombs
- imo the best sound mod, a good atmosphere enhancer
- most "comprehensive" enemy additions, adds passive and aggressive wildlife, more daedra/dremora variety, high level enemies, etc, mostly lore friendly, its only flaw is that it adds some vermin into cities, screenshots are
, get a fix for one small, but annoying bug from
A Flock of Seagulls
- adds a bit more life to skies in coastal regions, unlike other similar mods this doesnīt venture out of purist territory imo
Darknutīs Greater Dwemer Ruins
- significantly overhauls the whole endgame, itīs quite epic and can fuck you running, trailer
If you want a solid dungeon romp, check out
Abandoned Well at Dagon Fel
The Haunted Tavern of the West Gash
All of the above together should keep the original gameīs feel well intact, just enhance it in various ways and make the playthrough feel sufficiently different.
If youīd play a Telvanni character, Iīd also recommend
Rise of House Telvanni
which continues Houseīs storyline once you get to the top, and
which greatly expands everything around Telvanni stronghold. Both are well done.
This should be easy to setup, but read the install notes carefully.
Just to make sure your install order is ok, use
What you think about most, is what you become.
Last edited by DeepO; December 22nd, 2010 at
Join Date: Apr 2008
View Public Profile
Send a private message to DeepO
Find More Posts by DeepO