View Single Post

January 3rd, 2011, 14:43
Started New Vegas…

Don't really have time to delve into it - and I've been suffering from severe gaming overexposure, what with Kinect, iPod, PS3, and a ton of unplayed PC games. It tends to have the opposite effect to what one might think, in that I just sit there and ponder what to play, instead of actually playing.

Nothing seems to work for me for long at the moment, but New Vegas should be a good choice.

Certainly has me interested so far, and the writing is strong. Much more low-key and subtle than Fallout 3 - which is a big improvement. Obsidian knows how to handle this kind of thing with much more plausibility to the characters and quests. It gets to you slowly but steadily - and isn't in a huge hurry to make an impression.

Sort of like the writing in "The Wire" as opposed to the standard TV show crap like 24 - where everything has to be excessive to keep the ratings up.

I'm really looking forward to playing more, when I have the time. The only thing that bothers me, so far, is that I can't have hardcore without the food/water aspect. I can see why they did it, but it's not really the kind of feature that works for me - as I find it to be more a nuisance than anything else. But, they did pour a lot of effort into it - and it sorta seems like it belongs in the game, given the Survival skill and stuff like that.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential