View Single Post

January 13th, 2011, 09:06
You know, I'm also always sceptical about browser games in general. As I am with mobile games, IPad games etc.

But I'm beginning to think that it's simply because I'm getting older.. and thus less and less willing to try new things - and more importantly *accept* new things Games… that's something you install from a CD to your harddrive.. and THEN you can play, right?!?

But the truth is that the technology now allows you to do really cool stuff in a browser (as well as on mobile phones etc). The fact that a game is running in a browser window says nothing about the quality or depth of the game! Just check some of the stuff made with the Unity engine for example. It might not be AAA titles, but it can look pretty damn nice. I think the browser is actually just a way to distribute the game content. You still have to download the game data to play. And once the game is running it can still be using your nice fast CPUs and graphics card to do cool 3d graphics - if that's what they want to do with the game.

For an Ultima 4 remake - this could definitely work!

KasperFauerby

Sentinel