View Single Post

February 4th, 2011, 09:05
Originally Posted by Wulf View Post
I suspect you are running G1 on 1 core - not sure of the best correction method.
Nah, I was running it with all cores. Everytime I tried to set the affinity, I got an error message.

The AMD Dual-Core Optimizer can help improve some PC gaming video performance by compensating for those applications that bypass the Windows API for timing by directly using the RDTSC (Read Time Stamp Counter) instruction. Applications thatů {snip}
Ehh, um, I will just nod my head like I was understanding what that was about. Yes. See, I'm listening. Uh, yeah. But where is the 'any' key?

I'll try looking for some kind of optimizer, but I'm not sure if I'll start tweaking things that much. As I can get G1 to start with the gimmick I described and it works flawlessly once it starts, maybe I'll just endure those few extra steps for now.

Even in optimised mode with all cores firing, one core always appears to be doing the main work while others are doing less or waiting for higher load demand as required.
Yep, that's the case here too. With G1 running, one core is doing most of the of the work while the others seem to be basically idling.

Anyways, thanks for your help! I'll try fiddling with G1 a bit more to see if I can resolve this somehow. Fortunately, G1 does work, even if it needs a bit of coaxing.

"It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue."

Lurking Grue

Random Encounter #23