View Single Post

February 9th, 2011, 03:17
I will be the first to admit that I don't have a clear perception of how Nehrim links the skills to the stats. In my defence, it wasn't explained anywhere I could find in the documentation delivered with the game (installation guide, or walkthrough).

All that I know is that I started Nehrim without any levelling mod. Shortly before leaving the cave, I levelled up and received a +2 or +3 in strength (fighting with a rusty axe and my fists, I guess), nothing else, whereas my mind was set on playing my character as a rogue, and I spent a whole lot of time sneaking around.

The only tidbits I could gather about the skill system in Nehrim were that the sneaking skill is skewed, making it the #5 mod download for Nehrim on the Nexus.

The other two skill/stat levelling mods I could locate seemed either overly complex, or unfit to my needs.

Hence why I switched to the trusty mod that I had used for Oblivion, and converted it for Nehrim in less than a minute.

Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
I don't see the point of modding the leveling system and killing the balance of the game. Games that are too easy are boring.

The Nehrim skill advancement makes perfect sense to me. You gain skill by 'doing' which is the Elder Scrolls way, and you gain skill by 'learning' which is the Gothic way. Nehrim gates your ability to learn using governing attributes, such as swords gated by strength, shields gated by endurance. Nehrim effectively limits your ability to master a skill by rote, you have to be trained. Nehrim has simply combined both systems which is intuitive and appropriate.

Karmapowered

Watcher