View Single Post

February 19th, 2011, 12:12
I think Topware is kind of notorious regarding these "PR stunts". I well remember a small scandal with a PC Games review of their game … uh, what was its name … Yes, "Knighthift", or "Once upon Knight" … They held the opinion that this review was bad, because he reviewer stated that he didn't like RPGs and rather favoured Simulation games … The outcry was not small, and the overall standpoint was that an RPG should be given to an RPG player to review it *properly* …

I played this game myself much later, and I'm sad to say that I found it only mediocre … Its ideas were quite good, but the execution of them was rather poor … I think this was also the VERY first RPG of Reality Pump after their "Earth [insert number]" line of strategy games … So, this might have been kind of an "beginner's mistake" for them …

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction. (E.F.Schumacher, Economist, Source)

Alrik Fassbauer

TL;DR