View Single Post

February 22nd, 2011, 14:49
Originally Posted by pibbur View Post
Steam it is, then.

Sorry, but when I see an opportunity like that, I just can't resist. And honestly, I would have said the same fto any one, not just you! (And in general I'm not rude with people I don't like)

BTW: Several years ago, the National Norwegian Railway company (NSB) was about to hire a new big boss. The chairman of the board had very strong preferences regarding who to hire. In fact, he threatened to resign if "his man", was not chosen. Our major local newspaper BT (Bergens Tidende, not Berlingske..) claimed that this should not be regarded as a threat, but an opportunity.
Cute

My issue with Steam is simple - they overcharge RIDICULOUSLY - especially considering the kind of return they must get for their comparatively minimal effort.

They convert from dollars to euros on a 1:1 scale - meaning games are, on average, 50% more expensive than they should be. This would not have been so bad, if it wasn't for the fact that they're the only one of the popular online shops doing it. Obviously, they're greedy - but that's just too much for me to accept.

Beyond that, I hate the client - because I find it clumsy and I don't like that I have to deal with it, even in offline mode.

Gamersgate, Direct2Drive, Impulse, and others are MUCH better and even less intrusive.

Oh, and it doesn't help that I consider Valve vastly overrated as a developer, and the only genuinely good game they ever made - was not a tenth of the game System Shock was - and yet they reaped all the praise for doing what had been done years before, in an inferior way.

But I know people like to lay down and take it from behind, and I say go for it!

DArtagnan

Waste of potential