View Single Post

March 14th, 2011, 13:02
Things I like:
  • Mages can get killed off very quickly if you don't keep an eye on them. Rogues similarly to a lesser extent
  • Upgrades to existing talents turns out quite fun, I really agonise over every point I spend
  • some of the inventory streamlining I like
  • the alchemy / rune streamlining is good
  • classes seem a bit more distinct and a bit better balanced

Things I don't like:
  • I'd like to give my companions armor. As it is 2/3 of the armour you find is completely useless in any game
  • Fights do get a bit samey, as others have commented they overuse the emergence of additional enemies from nowhere
  • the starting companions are ridiculously dull. Aveline & Bethany are extremely tedious. I would have liked them to do more with the one that got killed in the intro, I'd rather have had aveline refuse to kill him and then him come back as a darkspawn general or something
  • I don't like the fact that normal difficulties ignore friendly fire from spells, I liked that about DAO. Having to go up to nightmare to put it back is just not an option
  • not sure that the flanking works as well and don't like the lack of rogue talents to improve flanking

Overall not enjoying it as much as DAO but then had high expectations, don't think that it has been dumbed down as much as many people believe but I do agree that they've changed some things that didn't need changing.

Benedict

SasqWatch