View Single Post

March 16th, 2011, 21:06
I still don't see how it's more a natural fit than a PC or basically any other device but hey, if it works for you, it works for you and that's that. Ipad's portability to me isn't worth it over a notebook that may have a smaller screen but at least comes with a decent keyboard for all the other functions these things do. idevices' gaming functions are also quite limited with a touch only interface (although admitedly sufficient for point & click stuff including simple RPGs like these seem to be) so I might as well go for an actual portable console like the 3DS or NGP or whatever else will have a much greater range of game styles with the added bonus that they won't have new models in 6 months, and if they do, they'll not have better specs so all games will work just as well on the very first model as on the last for the next several years, unlike the various Apple devices…

As for the game in question, I dunno how he expects to sell a $25 game on a platform that Apple has conditioned its audience into paying only $0-5 for cheap/quickware content but who knows, maybe it'll be a surprise hit. Unless he intends to sell it for $5 on the Apple store, in which case no way will I buy any version that is higher than that even if I can't access that one version. If it's $5 anywhere it should be $5 everywhere… But I don't know his plans so we'll just have to wait and see about that part…
Last edited by Al3xand3r; March 17th, 2011 at 07:44.

Al3xand3r

Watcher