View Single Post

March 17th, 2011, 14:57
Originally Posted by GhanBuriGhan View Post
This. Thats really all I meant. Streamlining or making it more accessible are descriptions that seem more appropriate.

The merit or failure of the changes he made can certainly be discussed. But I am not a good person for that discussion anyway, as I have only really played Nethergate, and a bit of the last geneforge. And none of the Avadon demo (although I will once it comes out on PC). I am seroulsy considering getting Avadon - just as others said, entering a series at the beginning has a certain appeal, as much as other games in his series may have been"stand alone" adventures.
I haven't played any of the games in-depth, as the visuals/UIs have not met my demands.

This is the first Spiderweb game that seems to meet my demands in a visual sense, but unfortunately the changes mentioned do a lot to dissuade me from trying it.

In my mind, it's quite possible to have a visually attractive game that's ALSO deep, complex, and mentally engaging. I don't need auto-revival or simplified mechanics to be engaged, and I don't mind investing myself - if the reward is a better experience.

It's like many developers/publishers think it has to be one or the other.

But, as I said, until I actually try this game - it's all based on what I'm reading - and I see no reason to doubt what Mike's saying.

DArtagnan

Waste of potential