Thread: Pricewatch!
View Single Post

March 18th, 2011, 13:29
Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
Victoria series sale at Gamer's Gate has piqued my curiosity. 60% to 75% off!

http://www.gamersgate.com/all?q=vict…mbs&aff=ggnews
Dammit! and I just bought it like 3 weeks ago for $20 *grumble* and haven't played it yet. I just love Europa Universalis 3 and Rome Universalis from Paradox so bought this one with blind eyes, I know I won't be disappointed.
EU3 just dethroned Civilization 2/3 and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 as my favorite strategy game of all time. Been playing it heavily for over 4 or 5 months already and still salivating over what my next game will be (haven't finished one game yet lol). My first game as Castille, expanded rapidly, too rapidly because of my inexperience, and then couldn't handle the vast empire. Second game as the Ming, started with so many troops! the temptation was too great and started eating all the little kingdoms around me, but my infamy was so great that everybody declared war on me (not a problem) but even my own subjects started rebelling, I was spending more time quelling rebellions than expanding the empire. So I then tried The Golden Horde, didn't last much there, if I was at peace for too long, some crazy general would start its own rebellion saying I was 'too weak'. Then Kazakhstan, was doing well but then since my form of govenment was tribal something, when my leader died, like 50K rebels popped all around the country. By the time I quelled the rebels on the east, the west had been under rebel occupation so long that the western region declared independency LOL. Then started a new game as the Austrians, not nearly as easy as the other ones since it's surrounded by 'allies' so it's not easy to invade anyone (and the 'not allies' are much bigger) so trying a more diplomatic approach, let's see how it goes… It's been a learning and very fun experience so far, and I still haven't tried the supposedly huge and really good mod 'Magna Mundi'

wolfing

Wonders what SasqWatch is