View Single Post

March 18th, 2011, 21:36
I've always considered Dragon Age as a game franchise just like say The Elder Scrolls. And I've always understood that Bioware wanted to tell different tales in this Thedas, this Dragon Age universe. And Bioware did choose to tell a story about a human that rose to power this time around; first they tell the legend, then they tell the real story.

And Roi Danton, how well do the framed narrative work as the focus for storytelling in the game? On the other hand if we we're to be really nitpicky (is that an English word?), we could argue that the game shouldn't even be called Dragon Age, since Blights happen in Ferelden only, it seems. Or perhaphs I have misunderstood something…

And finally what is wrong with people? (people in general I mean, present company not included) I clearly remember when Oblivion came out. People were saying that they really wanted a more political game in which they could become Emperor (or king or queen); they wanted to build allies throughout the world to combat the (ancient?) evil. Then Bioware delivers this (partly) in Dragon Age: Origins. People still complain.

People say they don't want a story about the big bad evil anymore. Bioware delivers. Apparently with a rather gripping, touching and personal story about losses, mourning
and the strugge to regain lost status. People still complain.

Not about the story, though, but about the flaws and bugs in the game. However, it is important to remember: bugs can be fixed, bad design decisions are forever,. And of course, EA wanted to get it out the door as quickly as possible. So Bioware id what they do best. Concentrated on telling the tale of a poor human and his or her rising to glory, status and legend in the city of Kirkwall.

Frankly, Roi, after your review, I can't wait to play Dragon Age 2…in a couple of months or two as I don't have time to do it right now…

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor