View Single Post

March 19th, 2011, 17:45
Originally Posted by Captain Buzzkill View Post
Wait, stop, hold on…

Did you actually write this, or did my crazy pills kick in? You could not possibly have just put those words, in that order, into a sentence, on purpose.
I wrote about it here, and here is one quote from Melo:
We have data that shows there are a lot of people that enjoy playing RPGs although they won’t necessarily call them RPGs. They’ll play Fallout, Assassin’s Creed and even Call Of Duty, which have these progression elements – you’re putting points into things – but they don’t necessarily associate that as an RPG. So we think that if we expand that out we’ll attract a much bigger audience.
And another from Laidlaw:
For me, I guess, fundamentally, there are more people who are ready to play RPGs than realize it. These are people who will play FarmVille. These are people who have shot enough people in the head that they’ve leveled up in Medal of Honor. They’ve gained XP and have received awards as a result. That’s an RPG mechanic. They’ve played [Grand Theft Auto] San Andreas and they’ve run enough, and gotten buff enough, that their endurance is a higher. They’ve leveled.

— Mike

txa1265

SasqWatch