View Single Post

March 20th, 2011, 15:05
Morrowind was my choice. It had the right balance of game play, story, and exploration that makes a RPG fun to play for hours at a time.

Arena was okay, but it was a bit of a letdown too. I played it shortly after Ultima Underworld and I thought that was the better game.

Daggerfall was good, but buggy. The first time I played it I died before I could get to the first town. Once I emerged from the dungeon I would try to travel but always arrived dead. I am guessing that a rat in the starter dungeon poisoned me or gave me a disease, but I didn't see any indication of that. I had to restart and it worked the next time.

Oblivion wasn't a bad game, but I did not like the auto scaling of the monsters. I also thought the voice overs were poorly done - they could have at least got some more voice actors instead of using the same ones over and over for different characters. The lockpicking mini-game was fun the first dozen times or so, but it got old fast after that. Also, I greatly prefer a true expansion like Morrowind had instead of the shorter DLC in Oblivion.

Xian

Sentinel