View Single Post

March 20th, 2011, 20:27
Originally Posted by jhwisner View Post
I did have one case where a quest target was in a room that was not properly connected to the rest of the dungeon.
Was that Direnni tower? I don't think I ever figured out how to reach Medora, and finally succumbed to the lure of '[' and ']'. But I also felt seriously challenged by castles Shedungent and Faalem. It's been a while, and so I'm not sure about this.

As for the sigil stones and and other portable light sources in Oblivion (Welkynd stones etc. shed light as well IIRC): I put lanterns in the front porches of all of my Morrowind houses, no matter how honorable the way of acquiring the houses had been. I decorated roof terraces with lamps and candles and crockery and food and stuff, and I outlined the roof of my main stay with candles and the like just to be able to see it from a distance at night and know I'll be back home soon . It would have been really difficult to do this in Oblivion - just placing some food on a plate in an aesthetically pleasing way took 20+ attempts so I gave up quickly.

EDIT

Yeah, I also thought of Daggerfall as a very satisfying game. I liked the Daedra as presented in Battlespire, and Redguard… same feelings here.
Last edited by Jaz; March 20th, 2011 at 20:53.

Jaz

SC-2201
Super Moderator
RPGWatch Team