View Single Post

March 21st, 2011, 16:41
I am a save addict. I don't mind in the mission oriented games (like the space sims) that you can't save during the mission, but in RPG's, I wanted to save non stop. I just don't like repeating story/content to get back to the place I'm having trouble with. I'm ok with not saving during combat, but I want to be able to save just before and right after and keep going forward.

I like the home base concept, but I'm not sure I've seen it done to a point where it is perfected. The castle in NWN2 was interesting, but with the liberal amounts of gold in the game, it didn't really seem like you had to make any real choices in rebuilding it. In BG2, I thought most of the quests associated with your home bases added some nice content, so I enjoyed them, but still they weren't integral to the game. I'd really like to see a game where that part of the tactical game is integral to completing the game. It doesn't need to be a show stopper (IE in NWN2 it wouldn't be like you couldn't finish if you didn't rebuild the keep right), but you decisions would make it easier or harder to win, and maybe you could actually loose the base if you neglected it.

————————————————-

"Ya'll can go to HELL! I'm-a-goin' to TEXAS!"

- Davy Crockett

blatantninja

Resident Redneck Facist