View Single Post

April 30th, 2011, 21:27
Originally Posted by Khalus View Post
Big differences though:
  • Bioware have become quite arrogant and conceded in recent years because of their previous successes, which has unfortunately been waning. Sure their stories and vocals are still fairly good, but their gameplay has gotten horribly dumbed down, little to no adventure and exploration and they just aren't as fun anymore!
Actually, in my opinion and that of quite a number of other people I've read comments from even the story was rather weak in DA2. I felt it was disjointed and the acts didn't really connect together very well. There was also almost no change shown for a game that makes a big point to cover such a long span of time. In most cases the choices lead to the same outcome and it was really more of a choice of how your character would react than a choice that causes any real change of outcome.

The voice acting was also hammy in spots, to the point where people have poked fun at some of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37eiBVOWtFM

As for all the positive reviews of TW2, well let's wait and see. Maybe it's hype maybe it's not, maybe it's a little bit of both. I think it's a little premature to conclude the reviewers are all full of it and the game will be a let down seeing as it hasn't even been released and there's not a large amount of regular player comments to gauge from.

I will say that DA2 set the bar for a high profile RPG release really low so in light of that I can't imagine TW2 won't look good. The proof is in the actual gameplay though and no doubt we will have plenty of opinions to read in the coming weeks.

Motoki

Keeper of the Watch