View Single Post

April 30th, 2011, 23:51
I'm currently playing Witcher 1, (yes, I'm that slow) and I'm enjoying it. Especially since the game really opens up after chapter 3; getting into chapter 4 really opened up Witcher 1's greatness for me. After reading the manual (yes, I know, I know), I'm getting to figure out the combat.

In the first Witcher, there was choices and there was consequence, if you sided with the elves, the games would play out differently than if we you sided with the Order, the game would play out differently. And in certain quests, you have at least 2 or 3 (or more) ways to complete them. The only other game I've seen do this - is Dragon Age: Origins. The cutscenes in Witcher 1 matters, not least as a way to tell the story, to further the story along…

I also like the idea, the concept of having quests spanning over three-four chapters. As far as I can DA2 tries to do the same, but does not come close to Witcher 1's fine design and execution of this design.

Please support http://www.maternityworldwide.org/ - and save a mother giving birth to a child.

aries100

SasqWatch
RPGWatch Team RPGWatch Donor