View Single Post

May 1st, 2011, 03:26
I wouldn't get my hopes up too much about the isometric game. I have a feeling deep down inside that this isometric thingie will be like Lara Croft: The Guardian of Light to a "real" Tomb Raider game… or maybe a bit like Torchlight or something along those lines, i.e. a light-hearted actiony loot and click fest that will sell for under €/$ 20.00 or maybe even under 15.00 from Larian's own store (or at retail if it goes retail at all).

Which would be fine with me personally because isometric = lame, boring, predictable, simplistic point-and-click gameplay which bores me to tears and should only be allowed -BY LAW!!! - to be included in party-based games while 3D 3rd person or 1st person = fun, engaging, exciting, challenging, you-name-it .

Anyway, as for Larian's line-up I'm betting on something like this:

- Real sequel to ED full price game to be released on all major platforms
- Isometric low budget spin-off to possibly only be distributed digitally
- Browser game of some sort
- And finally a multiplayer-focused title, either an MMO (seems unlikely that they would invest in a full scale MMO but maybe a browser MMO) or something with an emphasis on cooperative gameplay

That would cover all of the bases as far as the current trends in gaming are concerned.

Moriendor

Spielkind